Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Project Planning: Searching for a conclusion!

One thing I want to tell you that I'm absolutely one of the most obsessive compulsive and most indecisive person you'll probably ever meet. I can't for the life of me make a decision or come to an agreement without major analysis!!!

As you can see, especially from journaling you'll read too... I have flipped over and over in my head the many ways I want to record and document your life! Everyday I change my mind or find a new thing I want to do. I stretch out how long I want to do certain things, how I want to put certain things together, and how I want to do it! After I analyze everything in my list... I'll highlight and bold my decision.

These are my choices I need to make:

Digital Scrapbooking 
 (verb): The creative art of digitally creating an image, adding photos, memorabilia, journaling, and embellishments. The primary purpose of scrapbooking is to preserve memories for future generations, but a secondary purpose often is to exercise your creativity as you display your memories in a scrapbook.

vs

Traditional Scrapbooking
(verb): The creative art of taking books with blank pages and adding photos, memorabilia, journaling, and embellishments. The primary purpose of scrapbooking is to preserve memories for future generations, but a secondary purpose often is to exercise your creativity as you display your memories in a scrapbook.

Pros- Simplistic, Coordinating, and Clean
digital supplies for easier storage and organization.
clean binding and hardback book.
Re-use and money saving with digital supplies
Cons- Everything will have to stay digital. 
can't add items and can't add depth or extra trinkets and collectibles. 

vs.
Pros- add many additional found items.
can streamline with supplies
Cons- needs many additional products so costs are higher
separate printing for journaling and photos.
unbounded albums.


Storytelling jounaling vs.regular journaling

this is one of the harder decisions for me to make and I think it will go largely based on how I scrapbook. Right now I do a mix of both. I do some storytelling on here, and I do both in my notebook. I do like to do lists and outlines... then I like to tell a story. Its my biggest problem!  I think if I do the hardback book digitally I'll do it in story format, if I do the life album I'll do regular journaling.

black and white photos vs. colored photos
again I think these will match up according to how I decide to scrap, and white products I decide to use. Honestly I lean really heavy to black and white simple because I love the cohesiveness to them. If I tell a story in the book, most likely we are looking at b/w photos. If I do the life album, I'll do color!

timeframed vs. collective
again heavy on my decisions with the rest of the project!! collective would be nice with a bounded story book with a collection of photos that show you. Timeframed would be nice if I'm doing regular journaling with notes, prompts, calenders, and photos.

.....

can I honestly say.... I WANT TO DO BOTH!!

lol I say I'll do the

Digital hardback collective book with black and white photos that flow in a story journaling format.
Daily Album Timeline book with colored photos that flow  in a regular journaling format.

hey I told you I was sometimes indecisive... so much so that I often do both things 

xoxo