Thursday, December 30, 2010

One Little Word


One Little word 2011 inspired by Ali Edwards

my word

Remember
re·mem·ber
[ri-mem-ber]
–verb (used with object)
1.
to recall to the mind by an act or effort of memory; think ofagain: I'll try to remember the exact date.
2.
to retain in the memory; keep in mind; remain aware of:Remember your appointment with the dentist.
3.
to have (something) come into the mind again: I justremembered that it's your birthday today.
4.
to bear (a person) in mind as deserving a gift, reward, or fee:The company always remembers us at Christmas.
5.
to give a tip, donation, or gift to: to remember the needy.
6.
to mention (a person) to another as sending kindly greetings:Remember me to your family.
7.
(of an appliance, computer, etc.) to perform (a programmedactivity) at a later time or according to a preset schedule:The coffeepot remembers to start the coffee at 7 a.m.every day.
8.
Archaic to remind.
–verb (used without object)
9.
to possess or exercise the faculty of memory.
10.
to have recollection (sometimes fol. by of ): The old manremembers of his youth.

I'll be focusing on the thoughts and ideas that run through my everyday life. I'll want to be able to look back on these times in my life with great happiness and reward. I would like to recall all the fabulous time when I get older. I want to make sure I don't dwell on the past, but look back on the past with great pleasure. I'll go back in the future and recall all memories and keep and record them for both my daughter and me. I'll also focus on remembering the everyday today life. I'll work on centering myself and spending absolutely all time with my loved ones. I want to make sure I don't forget about myself and make sure I recall all things I set forth and try my best to keep with my goals in 2011.

a note from Ali-
Some years I’ve had to look harder or listen longer or simply choose one that fit with what was on my mind and heart at that moment. There’s no right or wrong. The main thing to remember is that this is your word. It’s not for your child, parent, partner, spouse, sister, etc.
And what do you do with this one little word?
You live with it. You invite it into you life. You let it speak to you. You might even follow where it leads. There are so many possibilities.
check out all her post on her blog and her past years here-