Sunday, June 29, 2014
What's been happening the last couple months? Nothing much really and that's what's great!! A little relaxing was necessary and welcomed. We've really settled into our new routine of work, summer school, and having your grandma as a new babysitter!
Wednesday, June 4, 2014
So I've started making sensory bins for you. It would have been a great thing to be doing for the last couple years, but hey better late then never right?! So how did I get started?!
1. Pinterest! That's right it's the usual starting off point for anything I do. It's seriously the best place to go for inspiration. Everytime I get on there I leave inspired to do something new.
I just created a board and searched sensory bins in the search. Tons of great inspiration out there.
2. Organize/sort/toss! I went threw what you had already. I was so stinking tired of all those little toys just laying around. The sensory bins serve a dual purpose- storage and creative play. From here on out I'll probably turn every small toy into a sensory bin. It's better than this-
3. Purchase containers and fillers! The possibilities here are endless. I went the simplest route for the first bin. I went to search around the dollar store! What a great store for cheap stuff. The total out of pocket for this first bin was $3.19. <-- what a deal! I grabbed a container and two bags of rice (only used one so technically we are looking at $2.00. For the filler I checked around for some how to color rice tips and found the easiest way was to grab a bag, fill it with vinegar and food coloring, then add the rice and shake, and then set the rice to dry. Super easy but-
** WARNING- the rice stinks!!! I've read about adding essential oils. I will for sure add it next time. I can't stand the smell at all.
4. Assemble the bin!! This was the funniest part. I had separated out some random pink and purple toys I had found. I took Pom poms, bracelets, little bits from a pony book, and some other random pink/purples and added them into the rice filler.
5. Play!! Yep it was so much fun. With this bin we talked about ponies, eating ice cream, big and small, and pretend play.
Sunday, May 25, 2014
Sunday, March 2, 2014
As we come to the end of another month... I couldnt be happier than to put February behind us. The first two months of 2014 have been a drain on everyone. I think when you try and start on a new path career wise it's stressful, demanding, and a pain in the ass! Atleast at the end of February I'm completely trained and settled into both my new jobs and we should be going strong by the end of March. February has been a big month for you too... You've worked so hard and it's paying off! You met every goal that school set for you and we will be doing a meeting to set new goals (normally wasn't planned until October) that's how well you are doing. You are communicating so well and we are proud. Besides work, school, and daily life not much else happened in February. I'm catching up you project life spread and my olw pages for the album.. Just can't find a black pen to journal.. Oh life we love you.
Saturday, February 1, 2014
The first month of 2014 down and I have to admit it was a whirlwind of crazyness. I started the month and one job, then another one that didn't work out, two interviews, and then ending the month with two weeks off. I'm starting February with a new job in a new salon a friend bought. I've love the weeks off to spend time with you tho it's been relaxing and fun. We've been working on you communication which is coming along amazing!! You withdrew a little after time off from school, but being back for a month and have a couple weeks with mom time it's growing! You are reading words, and repeating words back, and a refining your main words! It's fantastic!
So I'm going to be doing my 52 lists project, doing my olw classes for February, and finish up January project life.
Some photos taken in January!
Sunday, January 12, 2014
So it's halfway through January and I'm still caught up with my project life believe it or not. I don't do weekly like week 1, week 2 etc but I do them monthly or seasons depending on how I feel. So here is the dividing intro into 2014 page-
Used supplies from the sunshine edition project life, the we r memory keepers captured album, and some thickers and wood veneers. It's a design A page protector I just split the 4x6 with a 3x4 card. I didn't sew you'll see in the second page I went back to standard design A look.
I'm going for clean and minimalistic this month. It always changes throughout the year I just have the clean feel going so far this year.
The back to that where I used my quote and my mommy+me photo for January. My hope is to capture a mommy+me, daddy+me, and a #selfie every month.
Saturday, January 11, 2014
So I'm about halfway through the month of January. My word has come into play a few times already. The main reflection I've had was a few nights ago when I had an interview for my new job. I had to do a haircut and I pretty much bombed the interview and I completely fell apart. My confidence dropped and I had a miserable few days of really being concerned as to the new choice I was making. I've never felt at home in a salon and trying to go back to one is very trying on the mind and soul. With such worry and concern I set out to again look for my dream job thinking it would take forever for something that would fit. A couple nights ago Sephora had an opening for a Senior Education Consultant at our local Sephora store and it was like fate!! It's seriously my dream job. I was brave enough not to fall back and stay at my current job out of fear but to keep pushing forward and find my dream job. I haven't hesitated a moment since I seen the opening. I filled out my application that night and the next morning I took my resume to the store in hopes of the hiring manager being in. I walked in confident saying that I would do everything I could to get this job. Luck went my way and the store manager was there to greet me, and we had a mini interview right there in the middle of the store. We talked about the experience I have as an educator in the beauty industry, the fact I've worked for 2 different beauty suppliers, and that I'm a retail store manager. I have some of the perfect skills and background to do the job. So she said that she was new and she's working hard to get to doing interviews and to give her some time, but it's looking very promising that I'll get an interview. So by being brave and not taking a single step backwards no matter how much I wanted too... I might have just landed my dream job, and nailed one of my bold intentions for 2014.
So here's a quick look at the project in my project life album-
Intro page- brave 2014
Page protectors- Becky Higgins - design G
Project life kit- we r memory keepers -Capture
Printables- Ali Edwards- One Little Word class printables
Embellishments- Studio Calico - wood veneer
My intention map page
Printable- Ali Edwards- one little word class printable.