Thursday, December 30, 2010

a new project- project 333!!

a very interesting concept on minimalistic fashion! I've always been a minimalist anyway, and so is daddy. Neither of us have paid much attention beyond that, but sometimes I forget and I think that I need tons of items to make up a wardrobe...  you really don't!! I've decided this year to focus on my life and keeping things as minimalistic as possible. So I thought about giving this a try and it would help me get rid of all the extra junk that I don't need.

here are the quick guides for Project 333
* they are a site dedicated to helping women and men keeping themselves minimalistic and basic!!*
site here- be more with less

The Basics

When: January 1 – March 31, 2011 (It’s never too late to start so join in anytime!)

What: 33 items including clothing, accessories, jewelry, outerwear and shoes.

What not: these items are not counted as part of the 33 items – wedding ring or other sentimental piece of jewelry that you never take off, underwear, sleep wear, in-home lounge wear,  and workout clothing (you can only wear your workout clothing to workout)

How: Choose your 33 items, box up the remainder of your fashion statement, seal it with tape and put it out of site.

What else: consider that you are creating a wardrobe that you can live, work and play in for three months. Remember that this is not a project in suffering. If your clothes don’t fit or are in poor condition, replace them.


First Timers

This is for those of you new to Project 333. You may have just heard about it, or perhaps you have been quietly watching others live with less for the past three months and you are ready to jump in.
  1. Take inventory. I recommend the How to Make Space approach.
  2. Working with your “I Love” pile of clothing, start to build your wardrobe. It will help to make a list on paper.
  3. Consider signature items like a trench coat or pair of boots. Your signature item might be your sunglasses. You will find that having one well made version of something will be far better than 10 of the knock-off.
  4. Once you start dressing with less, pay less attention to what you are wearing, or not wearing and more attention to something more important.
  5. You are welcome to incorporate some of the Bonus Rules but I highly recommend starting with The Basics – listed above.
  6. Get connected and ask questions. The Project 333 community is awesome! I’ve included a few important links below to help.
I'll be working through my wardrobe and I'll be working on my list of 33 items I'll wear between January and July :)

I'll be back with photos and a list soon ;)