Thursday, January 20, 2011

Project Love ME: prompt 3- Dream- Flipside



Dreams Unrealized
Scrap a layout about a dream that for one reason or another will never come true. What was your dream and why have you given it up?  How do you feel about that?  What have you learned through the process of not realizing this dream?

I want to tell you the story of a dream that I had, ever since I was a little girl. It was a dream I carried with me for a long time. I never thought about the fact that no matter what I did, it would never ever come true. 

I wanted to be an air force pilot. 


I thought about this all the time, so when the time came in high school to really start to think about my future.... I stopped and really thought of what I could do to peruse my dream. What stopped me?? I'm legally blind in my right eye. I had a cataract removed when I was in the 3rd grade. They always say that it developed around the time I turned 6 months old. Its something that never truly phased me... but all together with one simple sentence from a recruiter stopped the dream... You can't fly.   

No comments:

Post a Comment