Monday, January 3, 2011

Journal entry- 1/3/11

So its been a few days I think its time for a new journal entry. Always super fun to sit here while you are sleeping and gather my thoughts. You've been sleeping long enough for me to design 2 new canvas artwork sketches and surf through some of my favorite sites... that totals almost a 3+ hour nap during the day. Oh I hope you sleep tonight little lady. 

Before that we did another photoshoot!! We were in desperate need of one. They came out super cute, but I can't quite share them yet, with all the super fun editing that goes along with them.
Hopefully that will be something we start on soon. Its always something that mommy and daddy do together. We are a photo taking duo. 

i did take some snapshots today!
your 3 month shots the are a few days early but thats ok!

Em @ 3 months


3 months w/ daddy!! So this was taken during on of your favorite moments with daddy. Playing Halo! you are both so into it lol. You sit there and keep moving daddy's camera around and turning on his night vision goggles. 

and here is 3 months w/ mommy! This is a self portrait one because of earlier discussions of my hair up or down, or long or short! I said the always true test is the teenage self portrait! I think hair up is success. its usually that way since you like to grab it.


..............................
well after a super long break I'm back to finish up this post. As i was writing you woke up, so we had our fun night-time stuff. it starts with learning time. We play and talk and work on motor and sensory skills. We add in sitting and tummy time too. After all that we take a break and let you do something interactive with us. This time we did some exercises together then played some classic super mario brothers. You freaking love these games. Its fun moving characters, you get to sit on our laps, and it has fun buttons to push.


after that we ate dinner, changed your diaper, and played some more. After awhile it was time to get ready for bed. I've begun a little sleep time routine for you, and its working out really well. Its eat, bath, swaddle, walk and hold/storytime sometimes *sometimes you are just too tired tho*, and then holding until you are almost asleep, then swing or bassinet. It honestly depends on how sleepy I am. Sometimes its the perfect time for me to finish up late night tasks. When I put you in the swing I just end up out on the couch.

Oh we grabbed some more cute bath time photos... ahh we have an entire memory card of photos to sift though over the next couple of days! I can't wait to share them. Unfortunately I work my 9 hour shift tomorrow. I honestly don't get much done, because when I'm not working I'm spending my time with you.

Last note:
Eat Health Kick!!

Thats right mommy, daddy, and uncle ryan talked tonight and this household is turning into a super healthy household!!! We have our p90x *ryan* and our 30 day shred *for mommy* ready to go, We found out we can visit our local facilities to walk in until the weather gets nice *bout time we got your stroller out*, and we are doing a super healthy shop trip tomorrow!!

I'm going to do the yoplait 2 week tune up! I think. Mostly my diet will center around smoothies, yogurt, whole grain, and water... and water... and water!!!

here are some of the recipes and ideas I'll be trying


It's pretty simple!!

replace breakfast and lunch with yoplait, grain, and fruit *smoothies make all those in one drink ;)*
eat a sensible dinner! lean proteins are a plus 
eat a veggie snack!
3 additional servings of dairy
stay active 30-40 mins *with a 3 month old and a part time job.. no sweat there* 

some fun recipes I'll be trying are:

Crunchy Yogurt Sundaes
A "berry" sweet way to start or end the day, since this yummy vitamin- and mineral-packed yogurt sundae is both a stupendous breakfast and an extraordinary dessert!
Prep Time:10 min
Start to Finish:10 min
Makes:2 servings
INGREDIENTS
8medium strawberries
1cup Cinnamon Toast Crunch® cereal
11/3cups Yoplait® creamy strawberry yogurt (from 2lb container)
DIRECTIONS
1.Cut 6 of the strawberries into 4 slices each. Place 6 strawberry slices in each of 2 parfait glasses. Sprinkle 1/4 cup cereal over strawberries. Pour about 1/3 cup yogurt over cereal.
2.Make another layer of strawberries, cereal and yogurt. Top each sundae with whole strawberry. Serve immediately.



and I have a sample week plan but the idea is this

some example food options!
YOGURT
Any of the 33 flavors of Yoplait Light or Yoplait Light Thick & Creamy
GRAIN
1 cup plain Cheerios®
1 cup Multi-grain Cheerios®
1 cup Rice Chex®
FRUIT (1 SERVING)
1 small - medium apple
2 small tangerines
¾ cup of raspberries or blackberries
4 apricots
1 small - medium banana
VEGETABLES (1 SERVING 1 CUP COOKED OR RAW)
sugar snap peas
asparagus 
spinach 
tomato 
zucchini 
NON-FAT DAIRY (1 SERVING)
1 cup skim milk
¾ cup plain nonfat yogurt
3/4 cup nonfat cottage cheese
LEAN PROTEIN
6 oz. chicken or turkey breast
6 oz. canned tuna in water
6 oz. pork, tenderloin or fresh ham

and my 14 day plan which of course is always just ideas-

1 comment:

  1. She is absolutely adorable! Love all your photos and great job on the self portrait -- those are hard!

    ReplyDelete